The Integrity of a Case of a 7 Year-old Jewish Rape Victim is Being Questioned

Lawyer representing 7 year-old Jewish rape victim defends integrity of case

The lawyer representing the 7 year-old victim claiming rape answers questions throwing the case into doubt.

By World Israel News Staff

The lawyer for the 7-year-old Jewish girl, who claims a Palestinian raped her, spoke of some of the difficulties with the case on Israeli radio on Sunday.

The case, which made headlines last week, has been plagued by conflicting information.

According to the police report, the child was definitely sexually abused. However, due to the family’s delay in contacting the police for a week and the police neglecting to send the girl’s clothing to a forensic lab, there does not appear to be DNA proof of the attacker.

Forty-six year old suspect, Mahmoud Katusa, has been indicted on charges of kidnapping and rape. Katusa was a janitor at the school where the girl studied. According to the police, he was friendly to her and gave her sweets.

Additionally, the report says that two Arab workers helped to perpetuate the crime by holding the young girl down during the violent act. These suspects have yet to be found.

One issue plaguing the case is that the girl was apparently dragged through her ultra-Orthodox neighborhood in Samaria. Generally, streets in these areas are crowded with people.

The question being asked is how is it possible that no one stopped him if she was resisting the whole way as the report states.

Fried explained, “The school is in a mountainous area and we’re not talking about packed streets. The girl walked in unmarked paths and there, it seems, she was ambushed and kidnapped.”

There are claims that Katusa passed a polygraph test. However, Fried clarified that he only passed the standard beginning questions, such as his age, where he lives and his hobbies. Regarding questions relevant to the case, he was found to be lying.

More so, though Katusa has an alibi, the woman providing it “had a relationship of employment with him,” said Fried.

The attorney defended his client’s integrity by noting, “The girl provided testimony in four different interrogations, and she provided absolute identification of the guilty party,” he said. “This is a person who is familiar to her from school…She also gave exact details about the apartment, about the vase of flowers, and everything matches the scene.”

Fried added, “The girl told her version, and in my entire life I’ve never seen children lying in an interrogation. She has no motive for lying. She described things exactly as she saw them.”

Oversights have also complicated the investigation. Despite the fact that the pediatrician, who examined the child, did not report the crime to authorities or send her to the emergency room, the doctor did write the rape in her report.

To continue reading click here.

Will Cuomo’s Replacement Protect Ultra-Orthodox Sex Crime Victims?

Kenneth-Thompson-picture-5

D.A. Kenneth Thompson, “Voice for racial justice” but not for molested children…

We would not want to celebrate someone’s demise. It would be purely awful of us. He leaves behind a wife and children, parents and siblings.

We offer our sincerest condolences to those who mourn his loss. We do not.

We can’t help but hope that his successor will do more, just a little more is something, to help the victims of sexual assault, suffered at the hands of Rabbis, and frankly Priests. We find ourselves praying, just short prayer, that his successor cannot be swayed by the power of the bloc of ultra-Orthodox voters and power brokers.  Perhaps he will meet these men again…

Kenneth-Thompson-picture-with-rabbis

Ken Thompson, Brooklyn District Attorney, Dies After Disclosing Cancer

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/nyregion/ken-thompson-brooklyns-first-black-district-attorney-dies-at-50.html?_r=0

Kenneth P. Thompson, the first black district attorney of Brooklyn and a voice for racial justice at a moment of tension between law enforcement and minority communities, died on Sunday from cancer, his family said. He was 50.

Mr. Thompson was elected district attorney in 2013 after campaigning on a platform of reform and racial justice, and unseating Charles J. Hynes, a fellow Democrat and a troubled incumbent who had served more than 20 years.

After being absent from his office for nearly two months, Mr. Thompson released a statement on Tuesday saying he had cancer. His office released a second statement on Sunday night, announcing his death and saying that his family had been by his side at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan when he died.

A former federal prosecutor who went on to have a successful private law practice, Mr. Thompson earned a reputation in office as one of the country’s most progressive district attorneys, creating a robust internal unit that reviewed questionable convictions and establishing a policy of not prosecuting most low-level marijuana arrests.

At a moment of heightened racial tension over police-related shootings, he chose to prosecute — and eventually won — the complicated case of Peter Liang, the former New York City police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man, Akai Gurley, in the stairwell of a housing project in 2014. After the trial was over, Mr. Thompson decided not to seek prison time for Mr. Liang, which enraged Mr. Gurley’s family and led to protests.

“The thoughts and prayers of our entire city are with District Attorney Ken Thompson, his family and his loved ones tonight,” Mayor Bill de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, said in a statement on Sunday. “With a life and promise cut far too short, our city was blessed with but a glimpse of Ken’s unwavering commitment to justice and his unrivaled pursuit of a more fair system for all those he served.”

Born and raised in New York City, Mr. Thompson was the son of a police officer and lived in public housing in Harlem before moving to Co-Op City, a housing development in the Bronx. He attended the city’s public schools and applied to the Police Department, as his mother had, before choosing instead to attend the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. After his graduation, he obtained a law degree from the New York University School of Law.

On the advice of one of his law professors, Ronald K. Noble, a onetime Treasury Department official and the secretary general of Interpol, Mr. Thompson sought and found a position as a federal prosecutor in Brooklyn. In 1997, he was assigned the prestigious task of making the opening statement at the trial of Justin Volpe, a former police officer who eventually pleaded guilty to torturing a Haitian immigrant, Abner Louima, with a broken broomstick in the bathroom of a Brooklyn station house.

After leaving government service, Mr. Thompson went into private practice. His most prominent case was representing an African-born hotel housekeeper, Nafissatou Diallo, who accused the French politician Dominique Strauss-Kahn of raping her in a Manhattan hotel room in 2011. Cyrus Vance Jr., the Manhattan district attorney, eventually dismissed the case, and Mr. Thompson was criticized for his incendiary personal attacks against Mr. Vance and members of his staff.

Mr. Thompson had harbored ambitions for higher office, but, according to a friend who spoke on the condition of anonymity because Mr. Thompson declined to disclose the type of his cancer, learned he had an aggressive form of the disease this year. By the time he received the diagnosis, the cancer had already metastasized and was incurable.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo may now name a replacement for Mr. Thompson, who would have faced re-election next year. “A lifelong New Yorker, Ken was known as an effective, aggressive civil rights leader — and a national voice for criminal justice reform,” Mr. Cuomo said in a statement on Sunday.

Mr. Thompson is survived by his wife of 17 years, Lu-Shawn Thompson; his children, Kennedy and Kenny; his mother; his father; his brother; and his sister.

 

To read the article in its entirety click here.

 

CAMP BNOS IS NOT SAFE FOR GIRLS: The Agudah Problem

 

May 11, 2016

Camp Bnos for Girls and the Agudah Cover-up

UPDATE: Camp Bnos is not safe for girls- הכזונה יעשו אחותינו?ת

הכזונה יעשו אחותינו?

November 13, 2015- URGENT NEED TO KEEP OUR BNOS YISROEL SAFE

Dear Rabbis, parents and Leaders,

We assume you were not notified of the horrific event which took place at Camp Bnos (Agudas Yisroel) this past summer. It is important for you, as a leader, to be made aware that a camper was raped on the girls’ campus. She was left unsupervised and taken advantage of in the worst possible way. There were 2 boys involved.

AS OF LAST SUMMER. CAMP BNOS IS A MAKOM SAKANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally, Mr. Meir Frischman admitted it happened, he has since changed his tune (obviously he has since received direction and advice from perhaps the Agudah directors, Rabbonim or Attorneys) and now denies all allegations and has completely removed himself from any & all responsibilities surrounding this situation. He has gone so far as to deny it, and refer to the RAPE as a “rumor”.

The police were notified, and Mr. Frischman did NOT have them speak with more than a few people from the camp. Directors who have been in the camp for literally decades were not notified until they returned home after camp was over.

From An Insider: Meanwhile, a simple observation.  We are both familiar with defense mechanisms.  I make observations all the time of new mechanisms that are just that, but masquerade as something else.  The Agudah position, which we know to be fundamentally flawed, is not really a policy at all.  It is a simple effort to cover-up the cover-ups.  They cannot do different, because that would be self-incrimination.

 

Letter from Jonathan Goldsmith on Facebook:

“Dear Mr. Frischman, I am the cousin of Jonathan who called you a few days after this took place. You told me you can not control rumors. I also spoke with Lt. Pratti at that time. I certainly had the feeling from you that you took no responsibility in this matter. You did not care that I had 2 nieces in the camp and did not even say you will do anything special to protect them. Even when we talked about the medical report you said the police closed the investigation, which is to the day untrue. Today on Erev ROSH Hashana, you and your camp mother as well as the entire staff will stand before Hashem and do WHAT? Tell HIM that it was just a rumor? Blame it on the Rabbonim who you claimed to have days Torah from? Do WE know what you even told your “daas Torah” based on the fact that you lied to me, I assume you also didn’t tell the “daas Torah” a girl was raped. You were more concerned with protecting the rapist(s) than protecting your campers, acting honorable and truthful. A good year to you and your family and may the shofar wake you from your evil ways.”

 

Additional information:

https://www.facebook.com/Thetruthatcampbnos/

A RAPIST IS AT LARGE! As the investigation continues, Meir Frischman has done nothing to help the police, and the camp mother has kept her lips tight. We are dealing with people willing to protect a rapist! This cannot be tolerated. Parents. Keep your children safe. This camp is not a safe environment. Please share this message so that other parents can see this. Consider yourselves warned.

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN… Summer is just around the corner. Please pass alng this crucial warning to all parents considering Camp Bnos for their daughters this summer. Meir Frischman the Camp Mother, Agudas Yisroel and their Rabbaim have ignored a RAPE of a camper last summer! This outright display of corruption puts every camper in danger. A camp that ignores child safety and refuses to help the family/law enforcement while they are withholding information needs to be shut down. Please keep your children safe this summer and far away from Camp Bnos.